Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blame It On The Rain

It's been raining for a week now but my sour attitude makes it feel like months. Some of this bitterness may be due to the fact last Friday, while driving in torrential rain I hydroplaned. My car is still in the shop...sad face. Most of my crabbiness is because indoor recess is the curse of kindergarten teachers and I've been coming home exhausted and more than a little pissy. A day or two of rain can be refreshing but I'm much too ADD for this week of rain crap. As I stood this morning working my carpool duty safely covered by an umbrella big enough to shelter me and my bad attitude in my cute silver raincoat (which far outshined my attitude), I thought about some creative things I could do to try and cheer myself up. I planned some screen printing projects and decided I'd make myself quiche lorraine for dinner. And then I worked all day.

I watched out the windows as the rain clouds hovered, wrangling my antsy kids and wishing for sunshine. About half an hour before the bell was going to ring, the downpour began again. I herded the bus kids out through the puddles feeling more than a little bitter. Now that I'm home, curled up on my couch yearning for the sun, I realize that I may have spent tad too much energy hating the rain. A motionless blob I am searching for some inspiration to do something - anything! I'm gonna start small. Like maybe reorganizing the couch pillows. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll work up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment