Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend (a.k.a. nonworking days)

This weekend was an interesting one. It started generically enough - I felt sick, slept a lot, did my regular babysitting gig on Saturday night. When it got interesting was Sunday when two things happened - I hit the Old Navy 50% off clearance sale and attended a very interesting 'Girl's Night'. The latter involved a hip-hop class and cocktails/dinner at Ra, a sushi restaurant near my house.

I am neither a hip-hop nor sushi enthusiast which made this a particularly out of the ordinary. The evening was organized by a close friend which enticed/guilted me into attending. The class was less than successful on my end considering my utter lack of coordination and very apparent inability to pick up choreography. I also learned that watching myself in the mirror for a couple hours is not a self-confidence booster. My big sister Anna attended with me and she was my saving grace. I shared with her my secret for what to do when lost in the choreography...simply stop and pretend you need to fix your ponytail (this can waste anywhere from 15-45 seconds).

And so we danced to 'Bossy', the opening verse is...

You don't have to love me
You don't even have to like me
But you do have to respect me
You know why?
Cause I am a boss!

Yeah....so definitely a tune that Anna and I rock to regularly. I think I represented well...if 'well' means shaking spastically and staying a consistent 5 beats behind. There go my So You Think You Can Dance dreams. Anna suggested we use our knew knowledge for an audition (an offer I quickly declined).

After dancing we went to Ra which is a sushi hot spot less than a mile from my house. Did I know this? Absolutely not because I hate any and every form of seafood. Anna and I subsisted on pomtinis, edimame and pineapple cheese somethings. We fed our souls by remarking on the fools surrounding us which included many the braless, senseless, near pantless, volume controlless.

As I mentioned earlier, something else happened on Sunday - the Old Navy 50% off clearance sale. I purchased (what I would like to call record braking) six shirts and a skirt for $25.05. I got several blank shirts and have been contemplating what I want to to with them. I have one that is a light grey/purple color and I'm thinking of using it to duplicate this....



I'm collecting flower images tonight and hope to print them on iron-on paper tomorrow to apply. I will post how the shirt turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment